A Wedding

When a dear friend of mine asked me to create her wedding cake, I was honored.  Hers was easily one of my favorite designs to date, not only because of the obvious emotional investment I had with her cake, but also because she gave me free reign over the design.

To help save some money, we created a unique cake that was a three-tiered beauty - consisting of two faux bottom tiers, and a top tier of deliciously moist carrot cake, with a rich cinnamon cream cheese frosting.  I covered all three tiers in ivory fondant, and then painted the cake with an edible gold shimmer paint.  I tinted some gum paste to match, and created about a million flower petals, to give it soft, delicate petals flowing down the cake.





The guests were served cupcakes, and I created fondant lace disks in the four different colors of the bridal party to top each flavor of cupcake.  They are (from left to right): chocolate cupcakes with Kahlua buttercream; almond cupcakes with rapsberry buttercream; chocolate cupcakes with chocolate espresso ganache filling and chocolate mousse buttercream; and red velvet cupcakes with vanilla bean filling and frosting.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for every other excellent post. The place else could anyone get that type of information in such an ideal manner of writing? I have a presentation next week, and Im on the search for such information.
    Cccam Server | Best Cccam Server | Cardsharing Server | Best cardsharing

    ReplyDelete